Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Necessity of Family Worship

"Family worship time is the most important thing I do in my life." This coming from a man (Dr. Joel Beeke) who among other things is; a seminary president, a pastor, an author and on the editorial staff of several publications. Yet, as he looks at all of the responsibilities that God has placed before him, he identifies his role as husband and father of greatest importance.

Recently, Dr. Beeke delivered an address at the 2011 Desiring God Pastors Conference on the subject of Family Worship. Along with the quote above, many statements in his message challenged my thinking and motivated me to pursue fidelity in my role as the spiritual leader in the home.

I would anticipate that many who are reading this post regularly engage in family worship. For others, perhaps you desire to cultivate such an environment but do not know where to start or what it should look like. Maybe a six word summary of the 75 minute message might help;

Read the Bible, Pray and Sing.

Your family will be eternally grateful for your efforts in leading in these three areas. If you have time, read through the transcript or watch the video of Leading Family Worship. I think you will find it helpful.

Click here to access the transcript as well as the Audio/Video of the message.

1 comment:

  1. This is truly awesome stuff. I was so convicted about many things. We have changed the way we do things in our home to focus our worship. Men, listen to or watch this!

    ReplyDelete