Friday, June 3, 2011

Fridays with the Heidelberg

Your best life now? Todays reading in the Heidelberg Catechism says no. That is, for the believer of course. The answers to Q. 57 & 58 point to the comforting realities of the best life that awaits every believer.

At death, the believer’s soul goes to be with the Lord Then, we will one day be united with our resurrected bodies where we will remain with Christ for eternity. Savor this reality. I would encourage you to lead your family through these two questions, and then guide them through 1 Cor. 15 and 2 Cor. 5:1-10.

For further study, I would also recommend browsing through the articles at Eternal Perspective Ministries (The ministry of Randy Alcorn).


Lord’s Day 22

57. Q. HOW DOES “THE RESURRECTION OF THE BODY” COMFORT YOU?
A. Not only my soul will be taken immediately after this life to Christ its head, but even my very flesh, raised by the power of Christ, will be reunited with my soul and made like Christ’s glorious body.

58. Q. HOW DOES THE ARTICLE CONCERNING “LIFE EVERLASTING” COMFORT YOU?
A. Even as I already now experience in my heart the beginning of eternal joy, so after this life I will have perfect blessedness such as no eye has seen, no ear has heard, no human heart has ever imagined: a blessedness in which to praise God eternally.

No comments:

Post a Comment