Thursday, August 18, 2011

Proverbs: Day 18

Proverbs 18

22 -He who finds a wife finds a good thing
and obtains favor from the Lord.

As I read this verse this morning it was easy to identify with this truth. While Carrie and I have been married for a relatively short time (6 years), I can quickly identify many ways that my wife has been a blessing to me. There is no one I would rather spend my time with, and there is no one who has been more helpful in my growth in godliness. These are "good things".

Let's briefly put this into the context of Proverbs. In this book of wisdom, we read of our dependency on others, the danger of pursuing autonomy, the wisdom in receiving counsel, the poem about the excellent wife in ch. 31, the blessing of intimate relationships, etc.

He who finds a wife finds this list above to be a reality.

Husband, take some time this evening to share your gratefulness and love for your wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment