Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Veiled Exhortation to Christian Fathers and Young Adult Christian Men Everywhere

I read an article today by Byron Yawn, a pastor in Nashville, TN. He addressed his daughter about the importance of seeking out a godly husband, urging her to guard against settling.

In one of the more powerful paragraphs I have read in a while, he writes;
I am so sorry about the condition of the average young male. I regret that they confuse lust with love. I am saddened that they are more proficient at gaming than at balancing a checkbook. I cringe that they know more of sports trivia than doctrine. I apologize that they know better how to handle a gun (which is completely respectable in one sense) than how to treat a lady. I know godliness in a man is hard to find. But, find it. Otherwise, you will spend your life raising the man you thought you married. The church and this culture are filled with boys masquerading as men. Let them pass.


You can read the whole article here

No comments:

Post a Comment